How to Set a Poster/Thumbnail Photo for a Video
This article describes how to set a poster photo (thumbnail) to be displayed before your video starts playing. Both Free and Pro Account users can add poster photos to their videos, but only Pro Account users will be able to set select options.
- Log in to your Cincopa Account.
- Go to your personal menu and choose "Create a New Gallery" option
- Choose what kind of media the gallery will hold. You will then be taken to the skin selection screen.
- Choose one of the Simple Video Player skins for your video.
- On the second step in the gallery creation, change the content size to large (to make it load faster).
- Pro Account users, set the rotate time to 0.
- Click at the top right of the screen.
- Upload your poster image and then your video(s) making sure the poster image is first in the gallery.
- Click at the top right of the page.
- Copy the proper code from the final screen to embed your gallery on your site.
Note: You can also add a still image after the video if you want. For example, you might want a "Act Now!" image that is a call to action. Simply make that image the last image in the gallery.